Google+ Followers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Damaged people are dangerous...

Damaged people are dangerous because they know how to survive.
Unknown


This touches me deeply because I know that when you feel you have lost everything of value to you then nothing scares you anymore. There is nothing that can hurt you when the worst has happened to you already.

There is no tragedy that terrifies you because your heart has been broken into a thousand little pieces before and you have survived that. When you have treaded that fine line between life and death it holds no fear.

There is not one thing in life that worries you because you have been to hell and back and lived to tell the tale. Whatever happens to you now can’t be as despairing as the agony you have lived.

Feeling this way is dangerous because I fear absolutely nothing. A few months ago I was caught in a robbery in a mall. The robbers and security guards were shooting at each other a mere 20 feet away from me. The sound of the shots being fired gave me a fright but I didn’t feel scared at all.

The only thing I could think about was that maybe I would be reunited with my son. My heart was racing in excitement and I felt so alive. People were crying around me and I didn’t understand why. I was completely calm and I realized then that no tragedy in this life will ever touch me again.

Namaste!