Sunday, September 1, 2013

Laughter is the only medicine...

“Learn to laugh. Seriousness is a sin, and it is a disease. Laughter has tremendous beauty, it will bring lightness to you, and it will give you wings to fly.” – Osho


Most of the human race takes life too serious and that is such a waste, because it doesn't last forever. We spend so much time pondering on the seriousness of everything around us that we forget to just enjoy it. I agree there is a time for deep thought and contemplation on our existence, but we need to just forget all that from time to time and revel in the fun of it.

Lay down your tools for one day and simply be amused by it all. There is a Japanese proverb that says time spend laughing is time spend with the gods. There is no need to only be serious to experience the godliness of the universe.  I think our creator must have a wonderful sense of humor to put up with us every day.

“When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha

It doesn't need us to worry about it, it is already perfect. All of this was created to be enjoyed with pleasure and fun and infinite merriment. Even in times of hardship we can find something to make us giggle uncontrollably. I am sure you have times when it all just bubbles up inside you and you can’t help but let it ring out into the world.

What is more beautiful than a child’s innocent laughter? So don’t be too grown-up about it all, and if you find something funny today don’t hold back your laughter.

“To me there is nothing more sacred than love and laughter, and there is nothing more prayerful than playfulness.”  – Osho



Blessed Be in laughter today!!



9 comments:

  1. Rea I have learned this lesson in life and now even with all my troubles and worries, I laugh almost each and every day! Most of the time it is with my 13 year old daughter, often I laugh at myself! There is always something we can laugh at and it is one of the best feelings in the world to just laugh!
    Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Glad to hear it. Lily

      Delete
    2. I think those of us who has been through hard times appreciate the amazing things in life that others don't even think about. Life is magical and when we can laugh at ourselves then we can be free from restrictions.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rea! This is so great. I love the photos. And I love to laugh. I've nurtured humility just so I can laugh at myself. It really puts things in perspective. I'm learning to chuckle at the ogres in my life, too - the arrogant, self-important, greedy ones who definitely take themselves too seriously. In my meditation practice, I always use "half-smile" to get myself out of a funk. You can't smile for very long without feeling better. It's like singing "The Sound of Music" at top volume. Same effect. Not that my neighbors appreciate it! Or, maybe it makes them laugh. Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think laughter is infectious and I'm sure your neighbors love it ;) Greed makes you lose sight of what is real in life.
      Namaste my friend!

      Delete
  3. It was really worth reading ...well drafted.Thanks for the lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá querida Rea de Miranda. Adorei seu Blog. As postagens muito interessantes e motivadoras. Adoro tudo o que é bem humorado e auto-ajuda. Parabéns! Compartilharei. Sucesso! Tudo lindo!

    ReplyDelete