Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award



The Liebster Blog Award is a way for bloggers to highlight Blog's and Bloggers that have small followings but deserve acknowledgement for their hard work, excellence and contribution to the world of Blogging. I was honoured to be nominated by Francine Hirst and Sho Nique and others who I can’t remember now. Please forgive me my mind isn't always present.

Here are the nomination rules:
1. List eleven random facts about yourself.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award.
3. Notify the bloggers.
4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the award.
5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
6. Link back to the person who nominated you.

 My answers to the questions Francine Hirst asked.

Do your family members read the stories and/or poems you write?
My son who died was the only member of my family who read my stuff. He was my steadfast fan and I am sure he still is.

Where would you like to holiday next?
Jamaica is foremost on my list of must holiday. I want to visit Bob Marley’s grave and smoke a long joint on his amazing life.

Who is your hero? (real or fictional)
Without a doubt Kahlil Gibran. He was a philosopher in the 1800’s and his work inspires me to live every moment of my life with awe.

What’s the first thing you do in the morning (besides peeing)?
I drink a huge glass of water. To be honest I am crazy about water and I eat ice all the time. Sometimes I will have a cup of coffee but more than one makes me feel giddy.

What is your nickname (if you have one)?
My mom calls me Rienkie when she feels loving towards me. Other than that everyone calls me by my name.

Do you wash your own car?
Dear lord no!! If it becomes too dirty and people start looking at me funny I take it to the carwash.

What was the last movie you watched that made you laugh till you cried?
Up in Smoke with Cheech and Chong. They are absolutely hilarious.

Where do you get your inspiration from for writing?
Depression plays a huge part in my inspiration. The struggle through it and the triumphant overcoming of that deep darkness fills my mind with words that needs to be heard. This beautiful gift of life is the most profound inspiration.  

Do you watch the Olympic Games?
I enjoy watching gymnastics and unusual dangerous sport.

Does the title of a story or poem come to you straight away?
Initial words that pop in my head becomes a story on its own. Sleepless nights with words flying around in the dark becomes a story or a poem.

Do you smile and/or say hi to strangers you pass on the street?
I can’t help myself smiling at people and starting a conversation with anyone I encounter. I have met the most amazing people on the street. Most humans need love and understanding, no matter who they are or where they come from.

11 facts about me you may not know.

      I am terrified of the dark. However, when I worked as a studio photographer the complete darkness when printing colour photos didn’t make me feel anxious.
   
2   The sun, mints and pepper makes me sneeze uncontrollably.

      My father was 21 years older than my mother. They met when she was 14 and he was 36. Almost a kind of Lolita story. I always loved telling people this to see their reaction of disbelief.

4    I never had friends as a child and my mother hired little girls to play with me because I worried her. They always ended up going home and thankfully after a few tries she gave up. I preferred living in my own dream world than the company of others. To a degree this is still true.

5   I have precognitive dreams about things I have no way of knowing. I dreamed about my death in a car accident, my son’s suicide and my husband’s death. On several occasions I dreamed about situations in friend’s lives that actually happened without my prior knowledge.

    Speed is one of the things in life that makes me absolutely wild. The faster and more dangerous the better. It gives me a feeling of being completely alive.

7 A crazy jealous boyfriend I had when I was 17 turned a day at the races into a riot when he beat up a guy who came on to me. The whole thing became so insane that the police dumped teargas over the whole area to disperse the crowd.

    I learned to drive when I was 12 years old because my father believed we should all know our way around in a car on the small farms.

9  I was born with the umbilical cord wrapped twice around my neck and the midwife had a struggle to get me to breathe. Made me wonder if I was too scared to be born knowing everything that would happen to me in life.

    I have to finish everything on my plate at the same time.

1  My son died by suicide and that changed the course of my life path dramatically. It changed me from being a selfish person into someone with deep compassion for humanity.

11 questions for the bloggers I nominated.

11.    If reincarnation is true who do you think you were in a previous life?
22.   What do you fear most about life?
33.   If you could change your name what would it be and why?
44.   One secret about you nobody knows.
55.   If you could go back in time to change the course of life where would you go?
66.   Have you ever wanted to be the opposite sex for one day and what would you do if you could?
77.   Do you prefer water (ocean and lakes) or mountains?
88.   Have you ever stolen something and what was it?
99.   Would you tell a lie to pacify someone?
 10.   What makes you angry?
111.   One word you think describes you.

My list of nominees for this award.



Thank you Fran, this was fun and it took a million years to complete!



10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination, I was shocked and delighted to read my name here, I am truly honoured. Let me answer your 11 questions straight away because i was lucky enough to be able to pick my 11 blogs recently thanks to AJ Long.

    1. A wolf, without question,
    2. Letting people down, family and friends
    3. I did from Harold to Squid, I like Squid it is unique
    4.I am bad with secrets, very open person and not shy so tend to tell people everything.
    5. Possibly not make out with a half cork half German girl then tell my girlfriend about it 18 years ago, i wonder what would have happened, she could have been the one.
    6.Sure have sex to see what they like best.
    7. Ocean (I am a surfer) but lakes are good as well
    8. Yes 3 penny sweets from right in front of the shopkeeper, i still feel bad about it, went back a few years later and over paid for something to try and make up for it. I was 13
    9 All the time
    10. Stupid selfish people and there are shed loads of them
    11. resolute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me get to know you a better Squid. I loved your answers!

      Delete
  2. Rea, your answers to the questions posed to you were enlightening, your questions for others were great and i loved answering them myself, lol. You are an amazing woman and i really admire you for your strength and turning a horrible tragedy into love and inspiration for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Kim and thank you for being a wonderful friend.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Rea! I appreciate your choosing me for this award! I love the answers you provide about your life and your questions make me think. Too much, maybe lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want answers A Long!! :) Pleasure my friend, I love your poems.

      Delete
  4. My goodness! Thank you Rea! I am hu.bled, and pleasantly surprised for your wonderful nomination of souljourneyz blog. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rienkie! First, I feel privileged but, but, but more typing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just like to see your answers to my questions Michael :)

      Delete