Wednesday, September 11, 2013

There are things we are just not meant to know…


There are things in life I believe we are not supposed to know, for example what happens after death. Can you imagine how absolutely unbearable life would be if we had intimate knowledge of the wondrous joy of our spiritual existence? I researched near death encounters after I lost my son to suicide just to know a little about death. Most accounts I read about was filled with sheer joy and happiness and incredible peace and love.


“If I lived a billion years more, in my body or yours, there's not a single experience on Earth that could ever be as good as being dead. Nothing." – Dr Dianne Morrissey was electrocuted and dead for 45 minutes. I found numerous accounts but this one was the most profound for me.

In 1991 I saw the film “At First Sight” which was based on the true story of Shirl Jennings who lost his sight at the age of 3. He met and fell in love with a girl who urged him to visit an ophthalmologist to investigate the opportunities to restore his sight.

After surgery his sight was partly restored but the experience was deeply disturbing to him. He was overwhelmed by the sudden overload of sensory stimulation after so many years of being blind and he couldn't connect what he saw with what he imagined. The year after his operation he fell ill with pneumonia and when he recovered, his sight was lost again. He didn't even contemplate having his sight restored again after that.

This story makes me believe that if we had to be in constant connection with the spiritual world we will definitely not be able to live a normal and fulfilling life. There are reasons we cannot know what the future holds or why things happen the way they do. It will also be an overload to our senses that we would not be able to assimilate.

To have the absolute knowledge for the reason of existence will just be too much for us to comprehend or make sense of. Our minds were designed to just process our five primary senses that in this life on earth can also become overwhelmed at times. We are just going to have to wait for the day we pass from human form to spiritual form to know the reason for everything.

Blessed Be and Namaste!



2 comments:

  1. Time, that's all it takes and we'll find out for ourselves. I can wait, I'm in no hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most humans want to know right now. I think the way you do, I can wait for the revelation.

      Delete